- Nanuet:?Rockland County doesn?t have many Division II schools, but it really doesn?t matter. Nanuet looks like the best small school in the entire section, and plenty of area coaches agree. The Golden Knights finished second at sectionals last year. This could be the year they win it.?
- Westlake:?An early season win over Edgemont propels the Wildcats up to #2. Division 2 figures to be pretty wide open, so who?s to say they can?t remain in the top 3? Dean Rogener is a name to watch.
- Edgemont:?A lot of coaches seem to like Panthers as potential favorites this season, led by sophomore John Aslanian. Was the loss to Westlake a testament to the Wildcats, or cause for concern? I?d lean towards the latter.
- Irvington:?Just as was the case with Brewster in Division 1, the Bulldogs were mentioned most often when discussing teams on the rise in D2. Coach Jim Matera has his team poised to make some noise.
- Pleasantville:?The defending section champs deserve to be in the top 5, if not solely for the fact that they currently hold the title belt. The loss of seven sectional finalist will be tough to overcome, but Chris Madera, Andrew Serino and heavyweight Obum Anyichie all have potential.
Other teams to watch: Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry